This is the tutorial will cover all the reassembly aspects of assembling the DIY Kit.
This Tutorial will Cover:
- Recommended Adhesives & Tools
- Fixing Lighting Elements to Housing
- Securing Modules & Wiring
- Reassembling the Light & Sealing
Recommended Adhesives & Tools
- E6000/Shoe Goo/Amazing Goop (Black/Clear)
- Cyanoacrylate (Super Glue)
- Butyl Tape (Recommended: 3M Window Weld)
- Silicone Adhesive (Recommended: GE Silicone II - Black)
- Acrylic Welder (Optional)
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (Optional)
Securing Light Elements & Modules & Wiring
Reassembling Light - Sealing
This portion no longer has an updated video, however we do have an updated, more reliable way of sealing. Follow the same tutorial as above using silicone, however, prior to sealing it, add a couple of plastic welded "tack" welds around the light to hold it together, prior to adding the silicone. This ensures the silicone can do its job sealing, and the plastic welds will physically hold the light together. The melted seams will help handle the prying forces the light is subject to.